Good instruction while traveling
Thank you so much for reading some rules and instructions for travelers, they will allow you to have a pleasant stay and to minimize the risk of misunderstanding culture with the locals. Well thank you to respect the culture of the country of destination, it really help to you to have an excellent trip in that country.
What you shouldn't do:
- With your tour guide: Know that the guide is your first contact and your first aid in case of problem. Always being open and maintain the good relations with the guide are therefore particularly important. Some travelers who do not agree with the explanations of the guide and often try to deny it, referring to the information given in books such as "The Backpacker's Guide," the "Lonely Planet" and "Lonely Planet". Avoid this behavior that can hinder your guide always prefer dialogue and accepting differences of opinion. When a business does not interest you, you better be frank with your guide but to follow, showing an unselfish attitude. And of course when you want to have more service out of your planned program in its measures, you must ask your gentilment accompagneur for pleasant and suitable advice to you.
Avoid necessarily offend with your guide. If you are not satisfied with it, if possible call immediately to the urgent issue of our agency (+ 84 9 07 06 55 99) to change.
- For truly, we advise you to just hand the server. For Vietnam it is rare that you see the Vietnamese kiss or to kiss when they meet and even two for more warmth.
- For dressing, provocative clothing is recommended. Prefer clothes with collar and sleeves when you go to the countryside where the discretion and delicacy are still etched in the minds of people.
And when you visit the pagoda or temple, you should never wear the shorts or skirts because for the Vietnamese, this is a sacred place and thus in order to respect these ones bsolutely. Please take off your shoes at the door, speak softly and do not touch the ornaments objects.
- At meals, never poke the sticks right into a bowl of rice. So this is a ritual ceremony that is made only for the dead.
- Make sure a confidence regarding the answer is yes of the Vietnamese. The Vietnamese has trouble admitting his ignorance or incomprehension.
- Ask the age, even the ladies and the seniors is well advised. For the Vietnamese are very proud to tell you their longevity. Similarly, it is advisable to ask the Vietnamese if they are married or have children because are very friendly and emotional issues.
- Always call your interviewer by his first name, he is a friend or a new acquaintance. The first name is often the last word that makes up the full name. For example: Nguyen Van Tuan (Nguyen = surname; Van = middle name, Tuan = name).
And what you should do:
- Haggling always walking in Vietnamese for purchases outside supermarkets. And of course you can do this even if you do not always, or even in some private stores, the price shown on the items. It is customary that these are prices that give you an idea and you can totally reduce. But however, be reasonable and be aware that in many shops the price is fixed and acceptable without merchantable!
- When you invite someone for a meal, some you pay for what you order. But when you are with someone in a restaurant, or it pays all or is you. In practice, the Vietnamese never shares the tariff: if one pays one day his friend invite another day. Thus frowned for Vietnamese which was a great sense of detail. If you are offered a meal, do insist on pay that if you can pay for everyone.
- The Vietnamese have always good altitudes to the elderly (that means they respect a lot). And when you are traveling in Vietnam, be like them so much: when you meet them head down in formulating your greeting or simply smiling.
- Once at the table, is not served at home, dish after dish. We present all the dishes at the table and everyone serves themselves in all these dishes, but in small amounts, one to two bites each.
- Accept the dishes arrive, not in the order you would expect, but in the order that the servers were delivered. A dish that is similar to an entry probably happen after a meal. It is almost a constant.
- Introduce also your feeling of friendship by offering candy to children you meet during your journey and especially in rural and mountain environments: they thank you by very friendly smiles and also by very childish gestures.
- Don't be surprised if in a conversation, or a stranger Vietnamese cut your word and your personal subject by asking you questions (are you married, what is your work).