TRIPS IN VIETNAM
TRIPS Sold & on Road
VISA for YOUR TRAVEL
Post said "Bưu điện" in Vietnamese. It is still registered on city maps and on the facades of buildings.
There are post offices in all major cities. They are recognizable by far their clock tower, and often a very high remote transmission antenna is near.
It is best to send letters and postcards from the major cities, where delivery times of mail abroad are much shorter. Although they tend to decrease, we must still be between 10 and 15 days for a letter mailed to Vietnam arrived in France. But it is not unusual that she put three weeks.
- Stamp for a letter: 17,000vnd
- Stamp for a postcard without putting it in an envelope: 12,000vnd
Telephone and telecommunications
Phone Call within Vietnam. Since 2008, the telephone numbering has changed in Vietnam. We must add a number in front of the old phone numbers.
- For local calls, if you call from another province, you must first dial the province code (indicated in the guide inside the band in each city) preceded by 0, then the number matching your 7 or 8 digits.
- Telephone booths are installed in the streets of major cities (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City). They operate using a card. Even for those who stay there long.Disadvantage: they are invaded by the noise of the street!
- Local calls reception hotels are often (but not always) free (in town only).
Vietnam Communications prices to Europe or North America is steadily declining. It now costs about 12,000vnd (about 0.45€) a minute, knowing that any minute started is due entirely. Several options are available to you: make the call from the main station and in the cabins with views. The amount as and when we see down and you pay at the counter went out. Very convenient. The prepaid card, interesting only if you stay longer (see above telephone booths) are several rates, from 30,000 to 200,000vnd (1.30 to 8.40€).
And calls from your hotel, it is always certain more expensive but much more convenient for you.
It's a bit cheaper by dialing 1719 prefix before the number, whether to call abroad or inside Vietnam.
- From Vietnam to France: dial 00, then 33 (country code), then the number of your correspondent without the initial zero. Example: for Paris, the number will start with a 1 + 8 digits.
- From Vietam to Belgium: 00 + 32 + city code (2 for Brussels) and then the phone number.
- From Vietnam to Switzerland: 00 + 41 + city code (Geneva: 22, Basel 61 Lausanne 21 ...) then the phone number.
- From Vietnam to Canada: 00 + 1 + area code + phone number.
Call from France to Vietnam
Dial 00 + 84 + the city code (4 to Hanoi, Saigon 8, etc.), and finally the number you want to 7 or 8 digits (instead of 6 or 7 figures, since the new numbering summer 2008).
Counting approximately 1.14€ per minute of conversation during the day and 0.94€ after 19 pm French time. The rates tend to decline from one year to another.
- Cell phones work normally on the entire territory, with the "world". No need to change chip.
- The most economical solution that can recommend buying on-site mobile phone with a SIM card and a local number. As you can reach us much more easily when problems. You should only charge the credit card with sale everywhere. Easy and cheap
- Text messages are possible within and outside the country.
Internet phone (Voice IP)
This very economical option is now possible in most cafes and even in some hotels
You can connect in almost all hotels without the need to go to Internet cafes as before. The connection is free or paid depending on the political services of each hotel. The rates vary between 5,000 and 20,000vnd/ h - that is, nothing. Attention qwerty keyboards.